“A teacher’s purpose is not to create her/his own image but to develop children to create their own image ”
Instructors at Shrikanwartara consider this School as a research organization and the classroom as a research laboratory. We always endeavour to set high standards and strengthen instructional programs by implementing resourceful and innovative teaching and learning practices which believe are really beneficial for the students.
We strongly believe that it is not only the brain that inhibits learning; rather the lack of motivation, interest and unfavourable environment that effects learning process of a child. Now the main issue here is how to incite curiosity and develop interest in to young minds? Well, Shrikanawartara is the answer to this brilliant and very important Learning is a personal experience. Learning starts only when the learner assumes and takes responsibility for his own learning. It is possible only when they are given freedom to learn/work at their own pace and comfort level. The teaching process here is based on children and their grasping ability towards various interesting concepts.
With changing profiles and mental models of children, there is a huge difference between how a child learns and grasps and the way teacher actually teaches. We ensure that the atmosphere of freedom to learn is thoroughly maintained. What children like to learn and are more meaningful to them, they will develop a desire and mentality to learn further about the same content/topic. This leads to development of self-motivation for children to learn and not just for the sake of marks and grades, but to learn and implement those concepts in real life scenarios.
We are emphatic on creating a climate where there is an instructional flexibility to satisfy learners with different profiles and mental models, with the teacher as a facilitator who guides student towards self-learning. We assist children in gaining profound knowledge and foster multi-disciplinary skills to face present and future challenges making them morally strong, visionary and responsible citizens.
We realize the importance of independent and individual thinking skills and differences in the interests of children; we encourage pro-active and realistic learning through child cantered focus, multi-dimensional and robust pedagogy that helps bring out the best of each individual We create an atmosphere where we try to help and help each individual to think in the classroom about any particular that is being tough by making it more interactive and thereby generating intellectual curiosity amongst students. We try to achieve this by incorporating ingenious and effective teaching and learning techniques based on critical and creative thinking activities.
We provide ample opportunities to students, nurturing them to become proactive learners so that they can actively participate in teaching and learning process to discover and generate knowledge together.
Every child should have the opportunity of teaching itself. What does it matter if a student knows a little more or a little less? A boy who leaves knowing much but hating his lessons will soon have forgotten all he ever learned while another who had acquired a thirst for knowledge even if he had learnt little should soon teach himself more than the first ever new.
By JOHN LUBACK
“OUR MISSION AS ACADEMICIANS OF SHRIKANWARTARA”
Memorizing or rote learning to learning with inquisitiveness to go and find a way out to their queries.
- A teacher as an information discriminator to facilitator.
- Teacher centered pedagogy to child centered pedagogy.
- Teaching process followed by assessment to teaching through assessment.
- Transformation of a teacher to an educationist – SHIKSHAK TO AACHARYA.
- Information pouring to discovering and generating knowledge by lighting the fires of intellectual curiosity.
- LOTS (Lower Order Thinking Skills like Knowledge, Understanding and Application) to HOTS (Higher Order Thinking Skills like Analysis, Evaluation and Synthesis).
- Learning by listening to learning by doing. (IPBL – Investigatory projects Based Learning, Case studies, Group discussions, thing group activities etc).
- Individual book based learning to collaborative and experiential learning.
- Passive learning to active learning (Responsibility of learning on learner).
- Learning for getting marks or grades to learning for the challenge of pursuit of knowledge and skills.
Restricted curriculum to flexible curriculum. (ACDC, advance classes for fast learners and Tailor made curriculum for slow learners in non-board classes)