A new feather added to SKS
Educational system in today’s scenario will lose its significance unless we make necessary amendments that satisfy our young minds and future generations and facing a threat of horrendous competition in swiftly changing, highly competitive unpredictable world.
In order to satisfy the curiosity of questing and aspiring minds with higher cognitive levels, SKS introduced Advance Concept Development Course (ACDC), a superior and productive approach to channelize their extra potential and convert it into something special and brilliant.
We came-up with this unique course for screened students of classes VI, VII, and VIII from the session 2013-14. Considering the overwhelming response and positive feedback from the students of ACDC we are planning to extend this course for the students of class IX in the session 2014-15.
Purpose of The Course
- To create culture of thinking where children learn the content with joy, inquisitiveness and find a way out to their queries.
- Narrowing heterogeneity of the classroom with varying interests and profiles of children and channelizing their extra potential in a right direction.
- Expanded and integrated curriculum that encompasses basic concepts of Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, that forms a strong foundation and cover the syllabus of competitive exams.
- Preparing children for various exams like NTSE, NSTSE, ASSET, Olympiads like NSO, IMO, IEO etc.
- Rigorous practice of objective type, assertion & reasoning type questions to de stress and diminish the fear of facing competitive exams.
- Foster confidence and self-study habit in children ensuring the quality time for self-study.
- Encourage peer group and collaborative learning.
- Stress-free and enjoyable learning of higher cognitive level concepts based on higher order thinking skills.
Unique Features Of ACDC Batch
- Separate ACDC Section – Only for students selected through Screening Test (SKSAT).
- Teaching Strategies – Regular classes during School hours allotting more periods for main subjects.
- Curriculum – Integrated syllabus (designed level wise) for respective classes including application, analysis, thought provoking and higher order thinking concepts (matching up with senior classes) in Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Faculty – Experienced Secondary & Senior Secondary teachers.
- Specially designed study material.
- Assessment –
- Wednesday and term-end examination based on the school curriculum.
- Fortnightly and term end examination based on objective type, reasoning & assertion type questions.
- A separate marks statement of ACDC will be provided in addition to the School based marks statement/report card.
- To accelerate the students for various examinations like NTSE, NSTSE, ASSET, olympiads like NSO, IMO, IEO etc.
- Stress free & enjoyable learning.
- Time saving & economical – No need to send child outside for extra coaching thus save quality time for self study.